Because of the stress athletes put on their bodies during training and competition, they often need even more nutrients to support good health. IV therapy can supplement healthy eating habits and additional nutrient requirements. Whether you’re a seasoned athlete who’s known to push their body to the limit or you’ve recently made a commitment to get fit, Myers’ Cocktail IV therapy may be an excellent addition to your training and recovery regimen.
Here’s what it’s all about and why athletes love it.
What Is Myers’ Cocktail IV Therapy?
Myers’ Cocktail is a vitamin IV drip that’s been around since the 1960s, and it remains one of the top IV infusions to this day.
This specially formulated IV drip contains a blend of supplements and vitamins, including:
- Saline: Sterile saltwater to replenish fluids and electrolytes, and address dehydration
- B12 complex: Provides a rapid energy boost
- Vitamin C: Prevents stress and fatigue, boosts the immune system, and has tissue healing benefits
- Glutathione: An antioxidant that helps treat fatigue and other chronic illness symptoms
- Multi-vitamin/mineral IV: A range of essential vitamins to fight deficiencies
- MSM: An amino acid that helps reduce pain
- Sodium bicarbonate: Reduces inflammation and has detoxifying effects
- Alpha-lipoic acid: An antioxidant great for treating a variety of illnesses
- Zinc: Helps repair damaged tissue and prevent infection
- Magnesium: Supports the circulatory system and the heart
This blend of ingredients is administered intravenously directly into the bloodstream to improve absorption and help reduce symptoms quickly. It offers a well-rounded dose of vitamins and minerals known to support the healing process.
How Can Athletes Benefit from IV Infusions?
Whether you’re a marathon runner, a gym-goer, or have just started training at home, any of these types of physical activity can lead to the loss of fluids and minerals through sweating.
IV infusions offer a quick and easy way to replenish these fluids and minerals to prevent dehydration and deficiencies.
Use IV therapy to:
- Rehydrate quickly between training sessions: You’ll get back to the gym faster when you hydrate effectively
- Replenish electrolytes and minerals: Don’t let your workouts deplete your vital mineral stores
- Speed up your fitness recovery: Hydration, vitamins, and minerals are critical to fitness recovery
- Recover from workout fatigue: Boost your energy with the right blend of vitamins and minerals
- Soothe aching muscles: Get the specific vitamins and nutrients you need to repair damaged tissue faster
- Build muscle faster: Specific nutrients are needed for the body’s repair process. Support needed nutrition to heal from injuries, repair tissue, and build muscle faster
- Enhance your athletic advantage: Eliminate vitamin deficiencies that harm your performance (including iron and B12 deficiency)
There’s a right way and a wrong way to train. Vitamin hydration therapy allows athletes like you to improve their performance, recover faster, and take on an overall healthier approach to working out. Use it during periods of intense training, the day before a big event, or after a big workout to promote a healthy and quick recovery process.
Get Myers’ Cocktail IV Therapy Today
In the Bay Area and interested in trying Myers’ Cocktail IV therapy? Book an in-home mobile IV therapy session with Rejuv IV to boost your athletic advantage. We’ll come to you to administer treatment wherever you train, whether that’s at home, at the gym, at the field, or at the pool.